55ovalbugprjct
Hi everyone, I just got my hands on a 1955 bug in pretty good shape. Has very little rust on the body Im trying to find parts for the 1200 engine but it seems almost imposible to find parts here (Guatemala). I need to buy the crankshaft the cylinders and the pistons I already cleaned the block to look all nice. My questions are, Is it possible to find original parts for the 1200cc engine somewhere in the states or mexico? if not would it be to horrible to adapt the cylinders and pistons from running 1300cc engine?
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
For sure a lot of older VW engines get tossed altogether as the availability of parts for the very early stuff can be a problem.  What is the serial number of your engine?  The number can be found on the base of the generator stand.  Is your generator stand separate or is it cast with the engine case?  If it is the latter, you have an original 36 hp engine.  Now, go onto the web site for CIP1 and plug in the descriptions of the parts you want.  You MUST however know what you are starting with.  Your ' 55 does not necessarily have an engine from that year.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
I just checked and the web site shows part number VWC-111-198-057A which is a set of 1200 CC pistons and matched cylinders for $ 256.75 US.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0