snakesnoot2

I have a 74 Super and have an issue with the carb "I Think" After purchasing this beetle and relizing that the carb was more of a gas strainer than a carb I got myself a seal kit and got to work changing the seals. I replaced the coil, rotor, points, plug wires, and choke heater at the same time. The beetle starts relatively easily runs for 5-10 minutes and then starts to stall. If you play with the throttle you can seem to keep it running a little longer. After it stalls it is almost impossible to start until it cools off.  I know there are adjustments I need to make to the carb but I am reluctant to make things worse. It is not my strong suit. Also I am not sure of the vacuum lines routing. Does anyone know of a good source for tuning information? By the way this motor is actually out of a 71-72. Changes things a little. Has a generator and a voltage regulator under the back seat that looks like it could use replacing.

Quote 0 0
Wayne

Try this link from SuperBeetles.com http://www.superbeetles.com/Tech_talk/may.htm

Quote 0 0