Gem51
I've new window lifter channels, window scrapers, and seals to replace but canNOT for the life of me get the mechanism out which I need to do before removing the glass so I can replace the lifter channels....the top tube of the mechanism is stuck where the quarterlight divider comes down into the door. I can't get it down past it.

I've undone every bolt possible. Anybody else had this problem...and overcome it???!!!! 

Also how do you remove the quarterlight?  I do not see the cross head screw the Haynes talks of, that secures the top of the quarterlight frame to the door frame....

Cheers to anyone who can shed some light!!
Quote 0 0
Wayne

That is going to be the topic in Restoration Corner next month at SuperBeetles.com. I have changed mine and I remember the problem that I had getting it out. I lost a lot of blood and skin doing it. If I remember correctly there is a bolt that has to come out that secures the vent window divider in place. I had the door glass out and used something the pry the opening wide enough to slide the cable through. If you contact me with an email address I've give you a copy of next months article.

Quote 0 0