luftgekuhlt

Make sure to check that all the butterfly screws are tight and peened over, I installed the 34's and after a about a month I sucked a screw into the #2 cylinder resulting in a knock, BE SURE TO CHECK THOSE SCREWS, I guess it doesn't mater what carbs they are CHECK THOSE SCREWS, This is what I found after pulling the engine BACK OUT after I first removed it to change the main seal

Sometimes to move forward you must first fall backwards
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
THAT explains why I had such a hellish time removing those screws when I had to turn the plate around because I had installed it backasswards.  ( come to think of it, maybe this means somebody else installed it backwards! )  When I bring the car out of storage next month I will check the carb for this condition.  I am worried that peening might bend the shaft.  Would a drop of Lock-tight suffice?  Opinions?  On the same subject, there is a little U-shaped tube at the top of the carb which is also reknowned for coming off and entering the combustion chambers.  Make equally sure that this little bugger is good and tight.   MY 72BUG   Dan in Goderich
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
luftgekuhlt
I'm not sure how well Lock tite holds up in a fuel rich environment, I feel safer with a squashed screw then I know it wont come out, when I find a screw that fits I'll post some pics on how to peen the screws so you don't damage the shaft, some times I find it easier to show than explain.
Sometimes to move forward you must first fall backwards
Quote 0 0