todd_jackson

I just bought a '67 bug and it runs great and all, but when I put on my blinkers the radio shuts completely off and the blinkers don't really blink, just a solid light comes on dash where the indicator is.  Now if I drive it for a good 30 minutes or so, then the blinkers will work like they are supposed to but then eventually turns my stereo off and I lose power to my blinkers,  any suggestions??? thanks

todd jackson
Quote 0 0
Juju

This sounds like a problem for an electrical expert.  I have no idea what could cause this problem.  I have read that some of these stereos take a lot more power than the generator or alternator can produce.  If you have a 55 amp alternator, it probably needs a 70 amp.  I am nort sure what year the generator changed to alternator so in your car you might have a generator.  If you turn on the "blinkers" or I think you mean turn signals, and they work ok with the stereo turned off, then you know it is not getting enough power to run both. Sorry I can't help more. 

Quote 0 0
todd_jackson

Ha Ha....just figured out my problem....oh man! easy.....I do have a generator, but the problem was a 16 amp fuse! that's all!  I lucked out on that!  Thanks...

todd jackson
Quote 0 0