KROSISofBUG
May I introduce...? 

Myself.. 

New to the forum..  not new to VWs... though I will start off with a brainfart of a question:

What's the standard lugnut size on a Standard 69 Beetle?    (just making sure I bought the right size.. and it's Fricking freezing out there or I'd go check..) 

My Avatar is my car..  my 5th Beetle..  and so far the one in the best condition.  Been out of VWs for a few years but missed them so I got this one 2 weeks ago. I'm in Louisville Ky..  though this car came from Florida.  It has rust.. they all do.. but it's in remarkably good shape for never having been restored.   Interior is original..  Starter sticks a bit sometimes..  but I'm working on that.

Nice place you all have here..

-Adam

She may not look like much.. but she's got it where it counts kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. But.. We're in a bit of rush so.. if you'll just get on board.. we'll get outta here.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Hi KROSIS:  I hate to answer a question with a question but by "lugnut" do you mean lugbolt?  If your Standard  '69 is still stock, your wheels are held on with a special bolt.  By "size" I am assuming that you mean the bolt head size rather than the thread size.  Anyway, the stock thread size is 14mm X 1.5 and the head is 19 mm.   Go to the CIP1 website and enter the part # VWC-211-601-139.  This fits 1968-1979 type ones.  Then check out C16-133-173 the lug caps.  These 19mm 's fit MY72BUG so they should give you the lug bolt head size of your ' 69.  I'd go out and measure them but up here we are under a few feet of snow and the Beetle won't come out of storage (20 km. away) for another month and a half.  Welcome to the forum.  Dan (MY72BUG) in Goderich, Ont. Canada.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
KROSISofBUG
Yeah the head is what I meant.  and 19mm sounds right.. 

We just got buried by snow ourselves last night..  not a few feet but more than usual for Louisville, Ky..

thanks for the info! 

-A

She may not look like much.. but she's got it where it counts kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. But.. We're in a bit of rush so.. if you'll just get on board.. we'll get outta here.
Quote 0 0