My 74 Super Beetle project was going well until today I degreased the engine with "Gunk" brand degreaser. I washed the degreaser off the engine with a garden hose and then discovered that the engine will not start. There is 2 red lights on the instrument panel that I think are the Alternator and Oil pressure lights, niether of these will light up when the ignition key is turned on, nor will the starter or solenoid operate. The system is stone dead but I do have lights and key buzzer sound, so the battery is OK. I thought perhaps there is a "Neutral" switch that is wet or grounded, but I don't think that would effect the Alt/Oil lights. So I am at a loss as to what I may have "Soaked" when I washed the engine. If anyone can assist in where I should look to get re-running, I would appreciate some help. Thanks.