76fisedan
i have a question for you all usally all 1600 have the same exhaust set-up correct except for the fi models they are fitted with the cat right because if so my cat is coming off and my custom exhaust is going on
1976 fuel injected standard is new to me but its my baby
Quote 0 0
ainokea
If the o2 sensor is mounted in the CAT. you can drill and weld on an adaptor
in or near the collector. Check C.B. Performance, I think they may have the adaptor you need for that application.

Ainokea
Quote 0 0
76fisedan
well i guess what i am saying is do i really need the cat and o2 sensor
Quote 0 0
olspeed
Don't need the Cat but the o2 sensor needs to stay. Only California cars had the cat in 76 so you should be able to replace the muffler and be just fine. I bought one for my 76 about 5 years ago for around $125.00. My car is switched to a carb not FI so I had to modify the pipes that go to the heater boxes for heat risers for my single carb set-up.
Olspeed
66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0
76fisedan
well i guess the only reason i need the o2 sensor is for the cpu in the car right????
i just want everyone to know everything on the bug is going to be custom including exhaust so im tring to bypass the cat and the o2 if possible but will all the carb models exhaust in theory fit on the fi models, its the same motor from what i can see what i really need is someone who knows first hand thats why i am asking all you airheads

thanks,TOM

Quote 0 0