Hey all. I had a '74 SB and have regretted letting it go since the day I did. Now I am looking for a new one and found a '66 in my area for sale. Here are the details:

The guy is an air-cooled mechanic. He said he needed money and wasn't going to drive the car much more, so it's up for grabs.

$700.
only rust is in battery area, otherwise, very solid. interior is good, other than needs carpet, & new headliner needs to be finished (not tucked in on edges) eng is later model 1600 single port, estimate less than 20,000 mi. runs super, 125 lbs comp. all the way. its 12 volt, tranny works great, clutch, recent brakes, (need adj. but solid)mechanicly, its very good, just needs cosmetics. I would not be afraid to jump in it & go.  just changed oil also. almost new carb.  by the way, Ive been doing air cooled for 20+ yrs. in my opinion, its very mechanicly solid. eng is a sweety

Do you all think $700 is good for that? I think so. I would rather have a solid runner wqith bad paint than a beauty with no motor.

Quote 0 0
Wayne

I'll buy it right now for the motor alone. Really, that sounds like a sweet deal, how could you go wrong for $700? I'm sure you could part it out for more than that.

Quote 0 0

PDXBeetle wrote:
Do you all think $700 is good for that? I think so. I would rather have a solid runner wqith bad paint than a beauty with no motor.

I'd rather have a beauty and a motor thats shagged, new engine £700, new body, how deep are your pockets?

Just a point of view.

Ragged

Quote 0 0