68autobug
Hi
I travelled about 150kms on Sunday to enter into a Show & shine with 45 catergories..

A New beetle took out 3 trophies...
including best VW  ??

so Us older beetle owners had no luck...

here is a pic

Lee
Lee Noonan

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
Quote 0 0
olspeed
If it would have been me I would have voted for that clean looking silver bug! hot looking machine
Olspeed
66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Lee:  Can I trade one of our winters for one of yours?  Dan (already dropping to 9 C. tonight - in August no less ) in  Goderich, Ont. P.S. definitely the silver bug and what is that white thing?
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
68autobug

Well it was below Zero -3C this morning but its midday now
and the temperature is 20C degrees...
much better than the 14C We have been seeing with wind from the snow covered mountains.

No clouds means a frost below Zero C
but a beautiful day once you thaw out...   lol

The winter has been colder than normal this year..
especially in coastal areas.. where they are having similar temperatures to Us [inland] although only going down to 4C degrees..

It will get hotter in a few months...
whereas you are heading for more colder weather..

Its a shame We can't swap a few degrees..  lol

LEE

Lee Noonan

Quote 0 0
68autobug
Hi
The white two door coupe is a Datsun-Nissan 240K
they were a 6 cylinder datsun - rear wheel drive.

but usually had 4 doors...

Most cars didn't have any details of what they were etc..

although given a cardboard "details" sign
not many were used..

I am thinking of doing a large board with the details on it..
[One day]  lol

LEE

Lee Noonan

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
That's one Datsun that never made it to our shores.  It does look a bit like the old B210's that came with indestructible power trains and biodegradable bodies.  Pity about folks not giving a bit of info on their cars.  We can't be authorities on everything that has ever rolled on our highways and biways.   And yes, I would gladly send you some of this summer's never ending rain for a few of those torturous 20 degree "winter" days.  Six months from today we could be looking at blizzards and short spells of -30.  Certainly gets the bugs off of the road.  Cheers.  Dan (MY72BUG) in Goderich

I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
68autobug

there were a lot of odd japanese cars imported back in the 70s - 80s etc..

nowadays they are called Gray imports..  ??
if they are imported by private companies..
and its a big business...

some japanese cars sold over here seem to come in boatloads
but once they are all sold no more are imported

I see that in Your Winter, the beetle heater wouldn't really do anything....
in My Younger days living on the coast, the beetle heater worked great.. but it struggles at Zero C... and below..

-30C  Now that IS Cold..

cheers

Lee

Lee Noonan

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
One last note Lee:  Today I went to the Zurich ( Ontario) Bean Fest which is all about navy beans and smoked pork (rural Ontario at its best) but it also has a y'all come car show which just gets bigger every year.  It was rippin' hot 32 C but a perfect day which brought out everything custom, stock, domestic, import, old, young, cherry perfect and rough around the edges.  VW was well represented - well 1 dune buggy, 1 convertible (MY72BUG), 1 wild custom bug with huge horsepower and suicide doors, 1 Mexibeetle, 1 flat black rat-rod beetle, 1 imported from Germany only a few years back ' 75 stock beetle(damned nice), 1 dead pure stock '65 beetle and the mandatory ' 73 Camper.  The other 800 cars were a mix of anything.  There was a Cobber from Kiwi-land here for his winter holidays and man what a VW demon.  He knew his bugs and owns an entire swarm of them.  One of his was a 200+ horsepower rally bug in its time one of the best rally cars on the islands.  I told him about you and figured on a good day he could catch a glimpse of your back yard from his but such was not the case.  Next time I promise to post a few snaps of my sightings - vehicular and non. 
    Yes, the VW heaters were the bane of Canadian bug owners.  The gas heater was a big improvement but suddenly your 4 cylinder developed a thirst for gas like a V8 - and the real killer was not the heater but the front windshield defroster. Up here you litterally live or die by them.  Stories abound of bug owners driving with their head out the window or at least one arm and an ice scraper working on the INSIDE of the windshield.  If VW could have conquered that and the rust demons bugs would have sold forever up here.  Cheers,  Dan(MY72BUG) in blistering hot Goderich.

Quote 0 0