snakesnoot
I have some repairs to do on the bottom of the frame head in my 74 super. The bottom rear has a little rust (holes.) The rest of the head is solid. Only the back of the bottom rear edge is bad (enough that it is in need of repair.) I ordered a bottom frame head repair panel. My concern is that what will happen if I unbolt the bottom rear of that frame head? Will things start to twist or fall apart? How can I block up the vehicle in order to minimize problems? Anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed. Anybody ever put a repair panel on one of these things?

Quote 0 0
olspeed
It has been more than a few years now but I have worked on a 71 SB frame head, but if I remember right it is welded in place to the pan. If what I think you are talking about is where the bulkhead bolts to the body. 4 bolts, 2 on each side right in front of your feet. Are you doing a body off repair or with the car assembled, I would think that as long as you don't remove the frame head it self from the pan then you won't change the geometry of the front end.
Olspeed 
66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0
snakesnoot

See the attached picture of the panel from Mid America. The top part of the picture is (I think) the bottom rear of the repair panel. That rear section is what is in need of repair. I imagine I might have to split the old one off and weld the new one in. I might only have to repair the rear section. the pan appears to be in between this panel and the bulkhead with bolts running through the two holes at the ends.

Quote 0 0
olspeed
While I think you are on the right track,it's kind of hard to say for sure with out one to slid under and look. Just remember if you have to remove the complete frame head make a jig first so that when you bolt the new piece up everything is aligned straight and true. If not it will be a nightmare to fix.
Olspeed

66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0