zane9000
I just bought a 71 super and it has a mean shake when I turn left, but only when the engine is above about 2000RPM. Also, after I go over a bump it will sometimes pull fairly hard to the left until I go over another bump.

I just got under the car and checked all of the tie rod ends and ball joints. Some of the boots were torn a little, but there was no free play in any of the steering linkage as far as I could tell. I am assuming my strut cartridges are shot because the ride is pretty terrible when going over bumps and the spare tire well is full of cement blocks (to damp spring vibrations I assume). I am going to be replacing the cartridges soon, is there any chance this will fix the shaking and pulling? Or is there something else I am missing?
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
You may also want to get a close look at the drive shafts with the inner and outer constant velocity joints.  If the turn is loading one side and the joints are bad you could be getting some bad shakes.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
zane9000
Thanks, I will check that next. After taking a second look I noticed that when the car is jacked up the spring is uncompressed to the point that it can fall out of its seat around the strut. I am assuming someone did a crap lowering job and will be purchasing new springs asap.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
You likely have found your problem.  I am no fan of lowering for many reasons.  This adds one more to my list of reasons.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0