I just got a replacement gas tank for my 69 bug from MAMW and it came with additional connection that wasn't on the tank I removed. It looks like a small hose attachment on the left side of the tank, where no hoses were previously attached. Does anyone know what this is for?

Thanks.

--Fuzzmaster
Quote 0 0
OldPunk

I have a 71 Standard and mine has some extra tubing entering and exiting the big filler tube, eventually connecting with the canister which manages gas vapors. In their effort to make a tank with more commonality, perhaps your extra fitting is for some vapor recovery / smog hookup on some model other than yours. If you have no tube to hook up to it, plug it I say.

OldPunk
_______
Keep yer hands on the road and yer eyes upon the wheel.
Quote 0 0
OldPunk is probably right, but could you take a picture of it and maybe we can let you know exactly what it is.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
MY72BUG had this arrangement in the corner of the gas tank.  There were two lines which went up under the cowl to some plastic device which likely was for handling fuel tank vapours.  In the restoration, I tried to preserve this thing until I had to add the blower box.  At this point, patience grew short and the need for the blower box prevailed.  Out went the plastic device and the tubing was removed and plugged at the tank.  No loss.  Dan in Goderich
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0