littleman44

would anybody know engine's displacement on a 1776cc from gex ,cause was needing to jet kadrod carbs that are set-up for 1600cc. thanks ct

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
I don't know what you understand an engine's displacement to be but normally a 1600cc engine has 1600 cubic centimetres that is the total  measurement of the volume of 4 cylinders. Top Dead Centre to Bottom Dead Centre = height.  Then using the formula for the volume of a cylinder pi X radius squared X height of cylinder X the number of cylinders.  So a 1776cc engine displaces 1776 cubic centimetres etc.  Do you mean the radius of the piston for a 1776?  Or the translation into cubic inches?
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
littleman44

looking for bore and stroke

Quote 0 0
olspeed
Probably a "69X90.5" But if you are doing jetting you need to be pulling plugs and looking at them. The best way to test is find a lonely road (don't get a ticket and don't kill nobody) and get it wound up and then turn it off and push in the clutch and stop the car. Pull the plugs one at a time and look at them.
Light tan to gray = lean to REALLY lean
chocolate = just right
black to black and sooty = rich to really rich
It is always better to have an engine that is running rich than to have one that runs lean.
Olspeed 
66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0