On our new Baja Bug I plan to retain a single PICT 34 carb on a CB performance manifold for the intake.  I purchased a Tri-Mill "style" ceramic coated competion exhaust to replace the rusty Bobcat style that it came with.  The new headers have no provision to connect to the heat riser tubes on the intake maifold to the exhaust.

Is there a simple way to connect the riser tubes to get the heat?

or

Can I just eliminate the riser tubes and run without them?

I don't live in a cold climate.  In the past I've run dual Solex carbs, without chokes, with no cold starting problems.

Quote 0 0

You can cap off the riser tubes. If your in a pretty warm climate you should be alright. The tubes help avoid carb. "icing". It's not unheard of to have icing issues even in warmer climates but I'd try capping them off and see what happens.

Steve

Quote 0 0

Well, I tried it without the heat riser tubes.  The new CB intake came with the risers as separate pieces so, I just didn't put them on.  I got the new headers, intake, carb, plug wires, Pertronix conversion and coil all installed today.

She fired right up and even idles now.  When we got her she would never idle.

I have a few more items to take care of before her maiden voyage.  Hopefully, that will be tomorrow.

For what it's worth, it does look just a bit less cluttered without the risers. I'll let y'all know how it drives.

Thanks

Quote 0 0

Update:

She seems to run just fine without the riser tubes.

Thanks

Quote 0 0

Here are some before and after pics.

Quote 0 0