used2bedomestic

I recently purchased a carpet kit from Empi for my 71 SB. It did not come with directions but I am guessing I would start in the back and work my way forward? I bought some adhesive in a tube but was thinking the spray might cover better? Any suggestions or instructions? Thanks for your help.

Drop 'em Low!
Quote 0 0
Wayne

DId you contact them to see if they could supply you with some instructions? Is the carpet set one piece or the 7 piece type?

Quote 0 0
used2bedomestic

I emailed Empi but had not heard from them as of Friday. I installed the kit according to a link I found for Type 2's. Worked almost exactly alike and went smoothly. I used a high grade 3M spray adhesive and it had some really good tack!

Makes a world of difference in your interior by just installing a new carpet kit. My interior is almost done. I already have custom upholstered seats and custom speaker panel in rear of bug. Carpet completes it and makes it look and smell better!

I will post the link when I remember where I found it.

Drop 'em Low!
Quote 0 0
Wayne

Where did you end up putting your speakers? I have a rear shelf in the back of my SB that I can fold and put down, so I wouldn't want to put them in there. I have seen speaker enclosures that fit in the front kick panels and seen them mounted in that black panel below the rear seat bottom. Right now I'm running the factory AM/FM radio with a single Honda speaker tucked up under the dash. It sounds awful!

Quote 0 0
used2bedomestic

I ended up building my own speaker box to accomodate my sub and mids. I have a set of kick panel boxes I need to build for my components mids and tweeters.

I can take a pic of the box if you want to see the configuration? Just let me know.

Drop 'em Low!
Quote 0 0