airkewld63

is there a way to lower a beetle front end without an adjustable front beam or drop spindles? are adjustable rear sring plates a good idea? easy to swap out the stock plates? thanks...

1963 std beetle
2003 GTI 20TH AE
2004 Jetta GLI special edition
Quote 0 0
68autobug

Hi,

the torsion bar leaves or flat bars in the front two tubes, go thru a pice in the center that is held in place with a depression in the tube....

Now You could drill the depression out and then guess where to drill another hole and weld a nut over the hole and screw in a bolt...

One of the locals did this a few years ago...

He had cut and added adjusters before, plus he is a welder/fitter so He knew what he was doing...

I never got to see exactly what he did....

but that must have been a lot easier than disassembling the whole front end and taking it off the car.... etc...

then putting it all back together...

then again, lowered spindles might be the way to go, although expensive.... but probably the cheapest way, if someone is going to do it for You...

its very common in Australia for VW owners to lower the rear of their beetles, just by adjusting the inner and outer splines on each side...

this looks very complicated, and dangerous to Me...

but My Son has adjusted his rear end many times until He got it right..

and many locals have lowered their rear ends too...

I'm hoping My rear end will settle a bit, and won't need lowering....

from what I've read the adjustable rear torsion bar plates make it easy to lower your beetle....

the plates are rare here in Australia... maybe very expensive..??

cheers

Lee Noonan

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug

Lee Noonan

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
Quote 0 0
UOBlackrose

Coil Over Shocks are nice to. they are fully adjustable if you wanna go a cheap way of lowering. Theres also lowering struts but it all depends what kinda beetle you have.

Le Roi C.R.E.A.M Representin The 70 Beetle!!!
Quote 0 0