fyathyrio8

I'm in the process of building a dune buggy, but I've hit a bit of a bump in the road.  I'm trying to pull the motor out, and it just won't budge.  I've removed the 4 nuts that hold her to the transaxle.  I started by putting a jack lightly under the motor and pulling on her gingerly - an approach I soon gave up on.  After a lot of pulling, a friend and I managed to get it out about a half inch, but it just won't come anymore.  The only explanation I can think of is that the spline on the transmission rusted and caused the clutch to stick on it.  Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Just a long shot but you did undo the throttle cable from the carb, didn't you ?  Otherwise, this might come down to a use of more grunt but do refrain from any form of prying with bars etc. as those castings will most assuredly break.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
fyathyrio8
Yea, I pulled the throttle cable out.  I did double check though... I was kind of hoping it was something that simple.
Quote 0 0
dragbug
what about those heater tube cables  ?

Quote 0 0
dragbug
I had one bug moter stick but it was the body got pushed in (shroud sheetmetal hit before I cleared)  so I wrapped a chain on the bumper and tied to a tree than yanked probebly not the best way but I bet I am not the only person who did that
Your situation sounds differant in my situation the moter came out easily untill I couldnt get far enough aloung the intake shaft .
Quote 0 0
dragbug
I had one bug moter stick but it was the body got pushed in (shroud sheetmetal hit before I cleared)  so I wrapped a chain on the bumper and tied to a tree than yanked probebly not the best way but I bet I am not the only person who did that
Your situation sounds differant in my situation the moter came out easily untill I couldnt get far enough aloung the intake shaft .
Quote 0 0