bradley

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I just bought a bug two weeks ago! It's a standard, I had a 74' super about six years ago and, the usual story, had to sell it to move, missed it and now I have a bug again! I have enjoyed and learned tonnes from looking at this site, thanks. I do have one Question; my insurance papers say my car is a 74'  and the tag on the door says 08/73' the only part I had to buy turned out to be a 73'. Can anyone tell me what year it actually is, might be easier for getting parts down the road. The bug is in great shape, everything works and runs great. Thanks everyone, happy to be cruising in a bug again.

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
What is your Vehicle Identification Number?   This will  give you the official answer.  Dan (MY72BUG)  in Goderich
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Sorry; got called away to a hockey game.  ' 74's were made from August of 1973 to July of 1974.  The VIN # should start with 114 the 4 indicating that it is a 1974 bug.  Dan (MY72BUG) in Goderich.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
bradley

Thank you Dan, I just went out and checked it is 114 so I guess it's a 74'. That makes two for me now and it's the same year as me, funny. Thanks. 

Quote 0 0
AlphaWolf
Might have been a 74 sold in 73. 

Quote 0 0