maclu88

Hey all. Driving home from work tonight i could smell a hot smell, and its oil !! its on the right hand side like diagonally down from the oil filler cap, on the black shrowd and some metal tube? 15 mins on the drive way and a bi patch of oil on the cement and also, the head lights kept dimming and going back to normal and then after i switched them off then on again, they wouldnt work!! i had a fuse made out of alfoil for the front right head light... ohh  im so upset about my poor little beetle! things are going so wrong!! where does the oil normally leak from around that area, and is it expensive to fix? also, what about the headlights? PLEEEASE help

Quote 0 0
maclu88
hi, seeing as it is the headlight switch which i discovered is broke, can i buy this part http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D941%2D531%2DE on this website? my beetle currently has a 7 post switch with two unused posts. but this one is an 8 post one... do i have to bridge the 3 unused posts with a jumper wire? will that work? pleaase help
Quote 0 0
Wayne

If your switch has 7 posts and this one has 8, I don't see how you can make a jumper for one post. Send an email to customer service customerservice@cip1.com and explain the problem. I'm sure that they can come up with the correct switch for your application.

Quote 0 0
maclu88
yea the thing is with my switch is that it has 7 posts, but two are being un used.... i dont know what to do !
Quote 0 0