jrrhdmust
I just purchased a rear package tray/speaker shelf for a 71 Super.  I am on the final phases of a complete restoration.  My question is how do you install the package tray, it did not come with instructions.  Only a wooden bar that is almost the with of the shelf.  I saw the installation kit, but that is only "L" brackets.

Thanks in advance for your response.
John
71 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
Wayne

My 75 Super came with factory shelf that flips up from behind the rear seat. It just sort of wedges in between the sides and the front and rear. Could that wooden bar go across the centre (or back edge) and the "L" brackets hold it in place? Then the shelf would just sit on top.

Quote 0 0
jrrhdmust

Wayne wrote:

Could that wooden bar go across the centre (or back edge) and the "L" brackets hold it in place? Then the shelf would just sit on top.

I think that is how it is installed.  I wonder if their are only the two L-brackets for the wooden bar, or if there are more for the back of the shelf.  Ideally I would like to drill as few holes as possible.

71 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
jrrhdmust
I installed the rear package shelf this weekend.  The wooden bar was not long enough to go accross the front of it, so I just used the "L" Brackets.  I may figure out a way for the bar since I think that it sags a little.

Note: When I installed it there is a little lip on the back package shelf that I rested the back on and used that for the hight.  Well I had not installed the back seat yet, and the package tray is an inch or so taller, with a gap, than the rear seat. Ugghhhh.
71 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0