Juju

Has anyone replaced the rear qtr. side window?  I have read that the seal should be put on the window and then the seal and glass pulled inward into the body. I was wondering if the seal can be placed into the body and then the glass pulled into the seal?

Quote 0 0
Juju

Today I paid a guy $40 to install the qtr. window, it took less than 5 minutes to knock out the old and replace new. To replace it, just wrap a rope around the groove in the seal with the window in it. Have the window held by someone up to the body and pull the rope off on the inside, pealing the lip of the seal into the body with the rope.  I would not pay .40 cents to have it done again, but education is sometimes expensive.  Ma said there would be days like this.

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
I feel your pain; literally.  I did an entire windshield using the pry-and-curse system.  By the end of the production I had blood coming out from under one finger nail.  The blood was  a fairly good lubricant but it seemed to me there had to be an easier way.  I mentioned it to my body work man.  He demonstrated the rope method.  I felt like an idiot.  Moral of the story  - if it seems like there must be a better way, chances are there is ! MY 72 BUG
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0