todd_jackson

Does anyone know if the front ball joint threads on a 1967 bug are right hand or left hand threads? I have to replace with '68 ball joints so they will fit the spindles and I can slam the front end...

todd jackson
Quote 0 0
Juju

The Bentley Service manual I have does not state that the ball joints have left hand threads so I would assume that they are right hand.  If you have the '68 ball joints in your hand, take a look at the threads on those.  There is no reason they would be different than the ones in your car.  Now can you explain to me what slam the front end means?

Quote 0 0
todd_jackson

Slam: Lower the car so that it looks like King Kong stepped on it.  The "Slammed" look....??

todd jackson
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
If it is the balljoint the threads should all be the normal configuration but Metric rather than SAE.  Tie rod ends use right and left hand threads so that the camber of the wheels can be adjusted by turning the tie rod in one direction to move the camber in and the other to move the camber out.  MY72BUG
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0