76fisedan
Hey airheads I need to know what would give me a better ride factory or aftermarket rims I think my steelies are bent , I'm getting a little wobble at lower speeds but not that bad let me know thanks guys
1976 fuel injected standard is new to me but its my baby
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
I am biased toward the factory steel wheels.  Both the sport rim set and the standard set work well with my choice of Hankook tires.  If your tires are doing a bit of wobble, jack up each corner of the car in succession and hand rotate the tire while you set a fixed pointer toward the outside of the rim by the valve stem.  This could serve to point out a rim that has kissed a curb and become bent.  Chasing down a replacement stock rim is not too hard.  As long as they are not bent or terminally rusted an old rim with umpteen coats of paint can be bead blasted, powder coated and come up looking like new.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
76fisedan
i decided to stay with the original rims i think they give it a better look  plus there is not alot of choices where i live for aftermarket rims unless you order them and thats not in the budget right now
1976 fuel injected standard is new to me but its my baby
Quote 0 0