I recently replaced my 73 with a different dual port enginge. For some reason the right side is running very hot. Within one min the right side pipes (passenger side) are burning hot while the left side remain cool to the touch. The oil feels cool still and there are no obstructions in the fan housing. I removed the diverter blades to make sure they were not staying closed. The gererator belt is tight and the fan seems at full speed. Never had this type of problem that seems to be affecting just one side. Don't know wher to look next. Any suggestions?

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
This is a puzzle.  About the only thing that I could suggest is that something has been sucked in by the cooling fan and is plugging the air movement to the right side either in the top of the fan housing or where the housing moves air over the cooling fins of the number one and two cylinders.  Are all of the cylinders firing?  Are there any misses on the left side of the engine?  I would wonder why the other side remains " cool to the touch".  Any way that you look at it, I see an engine removal in your future.  Good luck with the job.  Dan ( MY 72BUG) in Goderich, Ont.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0