amicablerogue

I have the strangest seatbelts in my 1971 Superbeetle could someone fill me in on them. Are they original equipment or an add on? They say American Safety on the tag but the buckle have the VW logo on them. Also has anyone ever had AC on their beetle? I have one on mine but I don't know if it's original or a dealer added component. It has a unit under the dash with a blower and the condenser with fans sit behind the louvered front under the bumper. I will post pics of it later. Thanks!

In the woods at daybreak, you will know there is a god.
Quote 0 0
Wayne

I have seen those belts in VWs at shows so they must be original. I admit they are pretty strange

Quote 0 0
amicablerogue
That is good to know! Where would be a good place to sell them and what would be a good price? I want retractable ones and I am doing a mild custom look. But they are too nice to just throw away.
Quote 0 0
tcvwtx

Hi, I own a 71 superbeetle convertible that has almost 100% original parts on it.  those seat belts do not look like mine.  I am not real sure..but the fan etc. sounds like possibly a heater booster. You need to look at the engine to see if there is an air condition add on there.

Quote 0 0
amicablerogue
There isn't anything added to the engine but there looks to be freon lines running to the box in front. I posted pics of it in another post.
Quote 0 0