Any suggestions on how to make my sliding door on my Type 2 easy to open again?  I can open it from the inside with a bit of a shove but from the outside it will not budge.  Help, it is driving me mad!!

Quote 0 0
vwsurfbum
silly question but is it sitting in the runner correctly, my one had a habit of popping out at the top?
Quote 0 0
What kind of shape is your track in? If it's starting to rust at all, it will hang up. Also like surfbum said, they do have a tendency to start working off the track after a while. That's what it sounds like to me, if it's easier to open from inside. Clean that track up as best you can, and check that the bushings are in tact. Once they start to wear they will drive you crazy.
Quote 0 0
OldPunk

ALL of my sliding door vans (VW, Ford, Chevy) have had troubles with sticking, crunchy operation, etc. Nothing seems to to be a substitute for taking it all apart, cleaning it all, replacing any busted parts, re-lubing and reassembling it. Then, it will get bad again if you use yours anywhere near dirt, sand, children, or pets, but if you clean and re-lube periodically when it starts to get cranky or crunchy-sounding, you should not have to do the full disassembly-cleaning-relube again and can get by with just interim service.

OldPunk
_______
Keep yer hands on the road and yer eyes upon the wheel.
Quote 0 0
This link may be of help

http://thekombikonnection.myfreeforum.org/about65.html

Quote 0 0