I have a 1974 SB Convertable. I hve changed just about every part one can change. When I try to start the engine all I get is a "click". Sometimes if I keep turning the key the motor will start.  I have changed the Starter/Selinoid (3 times), the battery is new, the cables are new, the generator is new. Help

Quote 0 0
Wayne

Did you add the Bosch starter relay when you replaced the starter? There is a relay that you can install that makes sure that the battery gets max power when cranking it. Apparently you can lose some juice through the old wiring as it travels from the battery to the ignition switch and back to the starter. I put one in mine and have never had that problem again.

Quote 0 0

Did you add the Bosch starter relay when you replaced the starter? There is a relay that you can install that makes sure that the battery gets max power when cranking it. Apparently you can lose some juice through the old wiring as it travels from the battery to the ignition switch and back to the starter. I put one in mine and have never had that problem again.

I stuck a meter to the cable that comes from the ignition to the selinoid and I got a readign of 12.56, that should be good enough, shouldn't it?

Quote 0 0