amicablerogue
I would like to install a large pull back sunroof on my 71 super. What company should I use to purchase one? Is it labor intensive and what should I look out for?
What are the pros and cons of having one?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
In the woods at daybreak, you will know there is a god.
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
I assume that you are looking for the older style canvas sunroof which was available on bugs up to I believe 1963.  In that case you are going to need a donor vehicle from which the roof section can be removed.  You will have to find that and a good body shop unless you have the necessary skills for that type of work.  The canvas sunroof and necessary seals are all readily available through companies such as CIP1.  As you can see, the whole production could quickly run up a few bucks to the point where you may be wondering why you got into it in the first place.  It could come down to parting with the ' 71 and shopping around for the sunroof beetle.  And that is without mentioning things such as wind noise, water and dust leaks which are all part and parcel of the sun roof package.  Give it a lot of thought before you go down that road.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
olspeed
Try http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com and look under ragtops and I think you will find what you want. Just remember that there is a lot of cutting to be done and if you don't know what you are doing you will need to get someone to install it for you.
Olspeed
66 Ghia 76 std Beetle
It's not a car it's a VolksWagon
Quote 0 0
amicablerogue
Thanks, I will check them out. I'm not too worried about the cutting part. I have friends that can help. But finding a donor would be a problem here in Georgia. Finding something with a hole in it and little rust would be a problem. I just like how you can change a VWs look to fit you!
In the woods at daybreak, you will know there is a god.
Quote 0 0