Wayne
I've been following the restoration of Ryan Price's 1971 Super Beetle in VW Trends. The technical articles have been called "Super Project '71" and there have been 16 parts so far. They are going to feature this sweet 1302 in the January 2005 issue and it is unbelievable.

This Beetle looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. I managed to sneak a picture of the finished product so you can all get a look at it before anyone else does.

Arguably the 1971 1302 is the most sought after Super Beetle. It's got the small taillights, flat dash and windshield but with the strut suspension and room under the front trunk. Not to mention that it's the first year for the Super Beetle.

Wayne Dean
AllAirCooled.com
SuperBeetles.com
Quote 0 0
Seattlebug
beeyootiful!

That SB project was a primary reason I subscribed to VW Trends. New to Beetles, there is so much that I do not know, and that project has been such a help, even on a standard Beetle.

What a showpiece. It's what I'd like to get my Beetle to look like. It won't quite make it very likely, but as close to that as I can get is my goal. Inspiration and information in one magazine.
Quote 0 0