Hi,

My name is Brandon and I just started working on the restoration of my 1966 bug.
To do this and keep me motivated I am documenting the whole thing on a web site.

I know there is a lot of people that have done this.. but, I am going to do this thing blog style with tons of pictures and also videos of close to every interesting or useful aspect of the resto.

The goal is to stick as close as possible to the stock look and make some mods to keep me safe.
The community is also able to post comments on everything. If you have a better way of doing things you can post and let me know.

Also the site is being hosted by a server that is in my garage on a DSL line. (How geek-ed out is that??)

Please stop by and check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Brandon
TheBugProject.com

Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Welcome aboard KDF.  From the looks of it, you are starting with a pretty solid unit.  I voted to go for the radio restoration even though MY72BUG sports a Pioneer AM/FM cassette which with a minor bit of jury rigging fit into my stock ' 72 dash with no changes whatsoever.  I cannot emphasize enough that you do NOT want to start chopping up your all steel dash.  The path to returning the car to stock appearance some time in the future is a rocky one indeed.  If there is an overwhelming need to upgrade your tunes, consider remotely mounted units  and speakers mounted above the front inner wheel well humps.  Hacked dashes and door panels look just plain sad.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Dan in Goderich
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0