Hello... I'm somewhat new to the vw aircooled world, but I am probably going to purchase a decently running 72 superbeetle... and was planning on building a pretty good displacement motor for the car.

I've got a master fabricator told me to keep the stock 1600 cases and get bigger jugs, pistons, heads, crank and cam... and then we'll fab up a turbo kit.

I was curious if anyone had done anything like this... I'd like to try and get an economical, yet quite powerfull configuration. I realize I dont need 500hp for such a light car... but I'd like to see it lift front wheels off the ground etc.

Is 1835 the biggest I can go stock cases (with re-inforced studs)? If so, what size pistons and jugs are those?

Also, for a turbo motor, I dont exactly need a stroker motor, in fact lower compression would probably be smarter. ANy recommendations on cranks/cams?

Thanks in advance very much!
Quote 0 0
Wayne
Try the Judson Register http://vwjudsonregister.tripod.com/ This is the most popular Super Charger that was available for the VW Beetle. I'm sure that they will be able to help you out with some info about them.

Quote 0 0