HD
I have a genuine original Wooden Roof Rack that came with my 1970 Bug when I bought it from a little old lady in SF.

I may have to sell it in order to pursue my Dr degree. Can you tell me what it is worth?

Laugh for the day-free

She brought another bug from Slovenia and the letters on the tags were LSD. They lasted an entire 3 days before they were stolen

HD
Heather Dawn
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
The reproduction of this unit goes for about $280. US.  If you have proof that this is original and in top condition I would be asking somewhat north of that figure.  You may find an interested party who insists on nothing but the real thing.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
HD
So how does one prove it is the real thing?
HD
Heather Dawn
Quote 0 0
HD
So how does one prove it is the real thing?
HD
Heather Dawn
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Subtle things like natural weathering on the exposed metal and the upper surfaces of the wooden slats showing more wear and UV damage than the lower surfaces of the slats will give away whether it is old or new.  The buyer will be the one who decides.  On most reproduction stuff there is a visible quality difference but then again the buyer would have to have seen an original to be able to compare.  It is a matter of shades of grey.
I'd rather have a partial bottle in front of me than a partial frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
68autobug

I doubt if I could tell the difference

Lee
Lee Noonan

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
Quote 0 0